Search This Blog

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Swallowtail CASE

This card is Cased from one on Patty Bennetts Blog.  It was sent to her so she didn't have the info.  However, a keen eye and a good picture..... think I got it!
This is the SU Swallowtail stamp again, stamped in VersaMark and the embossed with Black EP.  The frame, ExLibris, was also done with versamark and then carefully cut out.  (It is a full, large background stamp and I only wanted to use the frame portion).  I colored the white areas of the frame with Barely Banana Marker.  I used French Script stamp and Memento London Fog ink on white c/s to create the background.  Splotches of Barely Banana were added using the splotch from the Happy Watercolor set.  The flower from Stipple Blossoms was double stamped using Bashful Blue (I didn't think the regular stamping was dark enough so loaded it up and hit it again)  The butterfly was colored using the Aqua Painter and Celery, Lavendar Lace, Daffodil and Guava ink pads.  I fussy cut the butterfly and attached the body to the c/s using Tombow Mono glue (green bottle) and raised the outer edges of the wings with dimensionals.  Am quite pleased with how this one turned out.

1 comment:

KellyRae said...

Oh my, I love how the Ex Libris frame just cozies up the butterfly. The soft pastels also add to the cozy feel. Gorgeous card :)