Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Black Magic

I have wanted to try this technique for some time and am so happy with it.  You can be sure I will be doing more cards with this technique.  It's called Black Magic.  You start by embossing a more solid type image with White Pigment Ink onto a dark piece of paper.  Once it has fully dried, you can color it using most any medium.  You can expedite drying with your heat tool if you are impatient like me.   I played around with watercolor pencils, chalk pencils, metallic pencils, Copics, pure color, and regular water base dye markers such as Tombow or Stampin Up.  I think I am happiest with the markers, mostly because it gives me a wider range of color options.
These first two are on different background colors and use white, black and Almost Amythest papers.  Stamps used are from SU Fast & Fabulous set, a two-step stampin' set.  Flowers on the left  are colored with Chalk pencils.  On the right I used chalk pencils on the side flowers and metallic pencils on the center flower.  All are highlighted here and there with white gel pen.  Metallic gold pens provided the center flower dots.  The Amythest piece was run through the Big Shot using the Lattice embossing folder, just to add texture and interest.  Pearls were the right finishing touch.


1 comment:

Two Happy Stampers said...

Great job on the Black Magic technique. Love the florals!