Search This Blog


Thursday, July 10, 2014

By The Tide - with more cut edges

I thought the Flower Shop card turned out so cute that I did another using By The Tide set.  Created some watery looking paper for my fish to be in/on, and did the matching cut as explained in the Flower Shop post.  Stamped the coral from the set in matching ink, lightly sponged the ink around the white background piece and put it together.  One card uses my homemade enamel dots while the other two use metallic confetti pieces I've had lying around for years. 

Monday, July 7, 2014

Blossom Party Die

I'm having just too much fun lately!  So terrific to feel good enough to create again.  This beauty was created using Rich Razzleberry and White.  Little Leaves Sizzlets were cut in Old Olive.  Flowers were made using SU Blossom Party die.  White edge was created using Adorning Accents Edgelit and matching embossing folder.  On my next one, I will try sponging a little color onto the flower petals to give it more depth, and maybe discretely place a few drops of Glossy Accents for dew drops onto the petals.  Small flower was created with the Itty Bitty Punch.  Nothing was dimensionaled.  Rhinestone bling gave a finishing touch.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Flower Shop, with Matching Borders

Another really fun card - lots of new, to me, techniques on this one.  This is a case from the generous France,   She is a very creative gal.
On this card, the 'base' is a single sheet, with the pink card being slightly smaller (1/4") and opening on top of the base color.  The center layers are cut 1/4" smaller, but are lined up at the bottom and hand cut, so that when you put them together with the border it is a perfect match.  Slick!  The center of the big flower is from our Homemade Candy Dots trial day - what a day!  Pony beads were melted in a toaster oven (that is now designated as a Crafting Oven because of the toxic fumes given off by the melting plastics) I used Rich Razzleberry and Pink Pirouette card stock and ink, Gorgeous Grunge stamped in pink barely shows and makes a great addition to the card.  Finish it off by Punching the Flower Shop flower with the Pansy Punch, then punching 3 small flowers using the Itty Bitty Punch Pack.    Small pearls were colored with Copics to match the cardstock and attached to the Itty Bitty flowers.  (No wonder my husband says I have too much stuff!).  Oh, by the way, I saved $5 by buying a $40 toaster oven and some beads so I could make my own 'dots'.  Enjoy
  This will be my third Club card when it's my turn to present in August.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Anniversary Cards

Some dear friends have anniversaries coming up so it's time to get out the stamps!  I knew I wanted to use the old StampinUp "Summer By The Sea" couple.  I found several great photos, scanned them in and printed them out on regular matte card stock.  I picked backing colors, then stamped my couple on the same or complimentary colors.  I fussy cut them and affixed them on the card with thin dimensionals so they stand up just a little.   I lightly stamped "Love" in the sand, hoping it would look like they had written it with a stick.  I think they all came out pretty nice.  Enjoy

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Petite Petals on Strawberry Slush

These are a complete case from Stamp Your Art Out-Rachel.  How pretty and what fun!  Have a friend hospitalized - sounds like a good place to send one.  This uses Strawberry Slush & Whisper White cardstock.  Strawberry card base is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2.  Second strawberry layer is  3 11/16 x 3 3/8.  White layers are 5 5/16 x 4 1/16 and 4 1/2 x 3 3/16.  I stamped Gorgeous Grunge with Silver Encore and embossed with Silver Detail EP.  I stamped Flower Shop in Strawberry and stamped Petite Petals in Cantaloupe, Blushing Bride and Wisteria Wonder.  All flowers were punched out using SU punches.  On one card I raised the inside layer with dimensionals - on the other card I used the dimensionals to raise each flower.  Can't decide which I like best so  both must be ok.  I used Rhinestones in the centers of each flower and placed four silver sequins on the cards.  I think they turned out quite nicely and am going to try them in several different color combinations.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Butterfly Resist

I made this card for a friend today, just because I miss her!  It started out to be a Resist card, but sort of mutated as I went along.  I stamped Papillion Potpourri with Versa Mark and embossed with Clear EP.  Sponged Pool Party, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist and Midnight Muse around.  Wasn't thrilled with the results so overstamped more butterflies using the Marina Mist and Midnight Muse.    Now it looked better.  I cut the page into narrow strips, approx 1 1/2", and cut a Not Quite Navy strip to go behind it and create a border for the strip.  Put it all on Marina Mist  and added a sentiment.  Not happy with how the sentiment shows (or doesn't show) but a little late to switch up now.  It was fun anyway.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Greg's Birthday

Hard to believe my baby boy is turning 53 - yikes!  He loves the outdoors, hunting and fishing, so it is always fun to make his cards.
This card was created using Flourish Co. What a Catch digi set.  I colored with Copics and sponged in a light blue chalk background.  No matter how many Dies I buy, I always go back to my trustee Creative Memories Oval Cutting system - such a shame they went out of business.  I used SU Gorgeous Grunge to apply the speckling around the front of the card.  The fish and lures stamped on the green are from an assortment of different fishing type sets.   Several years ago Greg had the opportunity to actually watch me take a plain white piece of paper and turn it into something, with lots of different layers of color, etc., and said he now had a whole new appreciation of the cards he receives.  So I know that he will enjoy this one.  Happy Birthday Greg!